Friday, April 17, 2009

Moving Rant...

Well it is official! We have financially recovered from my last big leap into the abyss we call love, and we are back to living the good life. Doing my best to retain my title of self rescuing princess... which has not been easy this past week. It seemed like if only for a moment that a rift happened within my solar system and I was sucked into a chaotic world of one issue after another. Dustin was ill (hence the blog), My beloved, reliable, 2004, fully paid off, inferno red PT Cruiser broke a timing belt, and while in for repairs needed a new water pump and another belt needed to be replaced. Then my sweet, precious canine daughter Lucy Lu Who decided if the boys get to go to school so should she. Which of course sent the boys into a frantic tizzy over whether or not the school was going to send her to the pound. I torked off some people for being little Ms. Independent and not being willing to ask for help even when they perceive I need it. (When I know I can take care of myself, the kids, the car, and no matter what ever mountain comes my way. So why ask!?! That is what savings accounts and good insurance is for, which I ensure are done deals! - OK, so that makes me stubborn, and maybe closed off, but no where does that make me foolish.) Well the twilight zone moments seem to be ebbing to an end, as well as the tension level that came with it. Now, I am finally able to make the leap with the boys to our new house in North Edwards. It is a bit closer to the base (9miles), my dearest friends live across the street, and the best part is that there is plenty of room for all of us!!! 5 bedrooms, 2 baths, a 4 car garage! I love it!!! There is a family room and a living room, and the family room even has a wood burning stove in it! Colton wants to make the garage into a skating rink, which I love!!! The backyard has a covered patio for relaxing on the porch swing, and it is just remarkable. It is the first time that we all will have our own rooms. No more room mates!!! I still have a den all to myself too, so in essence I get two rooms!! Whoooo Hoooo, it is good to be Mom!! Not only that, but my work horse - Colton, who single handedly moved us into the current place is gone camping this weekend. So, with the help of my friends and neighbors we are moving everything, even the Tee Pee in the backyard so when Colton comes back we will be set up in the new place. I even got him Internet access for his bedroom! I am especially happy about this because I know how much Colton hates moving. He thinks we are moving next weekend. I LOVE IT!! It feels good to know that I can provide a nice stable environment for my kids on my own. I love my job, I love my kids, and I love this house. LIFE IS GOOD!!!! Now to unpack... anyone want to help?

No comments:

Post a Comment