Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Who Really Gets to Obtain More Then You Dream?

I Love my life!!! I really am the luckiest woman in the world... I have a deep abiding relationship with my Lord and Savior. I have 3 of the greatest, loving, and most handsome men entrusted to me to raise as my children. I have some of the best friends a woman could ever have in life. (Donny& Sandra, Tony& Evelyn, Travis&Christina, Michelle&Jeremeh, and of course Amy&James) I have an amazing supportive church family. I live under restricted air space so I get to see AMAZING planes, and feel the rattle in my chest from their Sonic Booms every single day! I have open deserts encircled by level upon level of mountain ranges to play in that have the worlds best sunrises and sunsets. I have the best Beagle in the world... Lucy Lou Who! And oh yeah, did I mention that I get to work at NASA???? I mean really, who works at NASA??? Besides the world's biggest and brightest minds in all the wonderful USA! AND ME!!!!! Do you realize that the Space Shuttle is just the tip of the iceberg with these great people? When you think NASA you think of space, of the shuttle, of amazing hard working astronauts... but what most of us don't know is NASA technology is EVERYWHERE!!! From Kidney Dialysis Machines, to inferred ear thermometers, to hip replacement design, to Fire men's protective suits and helmets, to wireless headsets for phone lines and that is just a tiny, tiny, tiny bit. They have developed technology that tracks wild fires in almost real time which has greatly helped the CDF fire fighters. And Fly by wire technology that allows us to fly unmanned planes over hostile territory to obtain vital information. And they have (of course my favorite) SOFIA, which is an amazing bit of wonderment to help research the environment and the effects of global warming. Really, you have no idea just how great NASA is, or how lucky we are as a country to have it, or how privileged we are as citizens of this great country are to reap its benefits. I am a plane enthusiast, but I am a NASA geek. If you could wish your wildest wish, and break not only the glass ceiling, but keep on going, and going, and going... that is where I am. You may on a good day walk on cloud nine, but me... I float above the clouds, and I do it every single day of my life, without actually ever even having to leave my precious earth. Wow, life is good! Heck no, life is GREAT!!!

1 comment:

  1. You amaze me everyday...you ARE the biggest NASA geek that I know!! (and love) Great job on your blog page!

    ReplyDelete