Wednesday, January 21, 2009

George's Drama

Dealing with Drama. First let me start with saying Little George is doing really well. Now let me give you the rest of the story. In a freak random accident Georgie was attacked by a scooter and he has lost a bit of his right pinkie finger. The hand surgeon thinks he will heal all on his own and make a full recovery in about 8 weeks. He is even hopeful that his nail will make a full recovery as well. Now let me tell you the rest of the story... George was at school and the bell rang to let the kids out of school for the day. As we can all remember this ensues all sorts of children flooding in a mass exodus from the school flowing into the hallways. This is what George was swept up in... With this mayhem someone had left a scooter on the sidewalk and as George walked by caught the side of it with his foot. Thus the handle bars popped up and caught his finger and scraped the bone at the side of the top portion of the finger, ripped off the finger nail, and cut off the top fatty cushion part of the finger tip. The scooter did not have the protective hand guards on them that they come with. This all took about a Milli second, and he ran to the nurses station. Where the school secretary playing Nurse calls me at works and tells me my son's finger is missing. Of course I pack my things my co-workers scoop me up and we fly to the Elementary school where George was as together as ever. I swooped him up and got him in the car, and spent 20 min looking for Dustin who decided since he could not find George he would go home with a friend. After finding Dusty Joe we then went to the Boron Clinic where I told the MD on call that I thought he may have degloved his finger, but it was so mangled I could not tell. He looked at the very calm George and thought I was an over reactive parent, gave me the proper paperwork, and waited for the nurse to take him back. Eventually we made it to the room where it was PRICELESS! The MD comes in and says OK let's see it. George unwraps his finger and the doctor stammers... Oh My... Oh My... He looks at me, he looks at George and he says "Man, that looks like it hurts." George looks and him and blink, blink, nothing. So the doctor says "Doesn't that hurt?" And George plain as day says "Well, Yeah" I about died! The fingernail falls onto the table his finger tip is flopped to one side and this doctor is about to pass out and here is my 8 year old looking at this guy like give me the scalpel and I will take care of it myself. Of course the MD did cut the remainder off, and gave us antibiotics and pain meds for Little George. I went to our Primary the next day as well as the hand surgeon. All is well with Boy wounds, and chicks love scars. He amazes me. We are all good, and his hand will heal... but I am sure I will never forget how truly awesome this little man really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment