Friday, February 26, 2010

Once in a Blue Moon...



This year began in an unusual way, a special, and rare event marked the passing of the new year.  2010, The year of innovation, of change, and growth.  Not just for our nation, but for each and every one of us.  I knew as I sat there surrounded by my boyfriend, best of friends, and work colleges that things were going to change for all of us this year.  The moon was literally blue and full, and yet no one seemed to notice its quiet radiance dusting the environment with celestial blessings. I pondered within my own heart how my life would or could possibly change this year... and I drew a blank.  

I love my life the way that it is, and how it could alter for the better was beyond my envisions of the moment.  And yet, it nagged at me.  Weighed heavy on my mind, and danced around from time to time over the last couple days on my heart.  What if anything could I do to make good of the Full Blue Moon and all of her blessings?  I just simply did not know.

Until Yesterday...

I went to work, to a job I absolutely love with a passion.  And in another turn in the bend of the river I call my life, I was tasked with a very unique, and splendorous honor.  I am so excited about it even now a whole 24 hours later that I can hardly capture the words dancing above me to even write it.  I was asked to begin a NASA Dryden Blog for the Dryden, Office of the CIO, ON THE National NASA WEBSITE!!!  

Oh my gosh, I am still reeling with excitement, and thankfulness.  What an honor.  I am to do an entry once a month.  With a crunch factor of three entries now for a roll out on February 1st, 2010.  Each entry will be from the Dryden CIO office, as an interview of staff, and what it is that we do, are doing, and are working towards.  The first interview if for the goal of the organization by Rob Binkley our CIO and Ken Norlin our DCIO.  That will kick off our blog.  Then it will be on to the ITSM lead Anthony Thomas, and then to our Network Architect Dennis daCruz.  And then systematicly down the line one by one until the entire department is captured and spotlighted.  

The blog will be as much an out reach tool, as it will be a showcase of specialty, and positive PR campaign for the IT Department. A collaboration of our greatest assets... our people, and me.  I get to be the spokeswoman, with a voice for our men and women who work so quietly behind the scenes, without recognition, or gratitude day in and day out.  I am so excited.  It is a side job to the routine taskings of my job, but what a jewel in the crown of the position.  With.......

***********************************************************************************

It never happened.  The idea took on a life of its own. It was not meant to be.  Bigger then myself, it turned into a dream job for the proper people.  I only pray that with its evolution onto the broader spectrum and elevated status of the blog... I pray it is done in greatness.  I hope it encompasses the passion of Dryden and all that we do there.

As it stands the blog grew in depth and grandeur,  the idea growing up to maturity within days. It grew from a modest blog written by a secretary for a small intimate department, to a center wide full on representation of the mission and research that goes on there.  It grew bigger then my hands, but like a butterfly on the hand of a little girl, while I had it in the palm of my hand... it delighted me.  Dreams are but dreams, but sometimes we are lucky enough to touch them if only for a moment in time. We are still the fortunate ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment